Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Welcome Intro

Hello and welcome to my collage blog.

Over the summer, I became enthralled with collage art of all types. In August, I created my first collage. I found it to be so much fun and satisfying I kept creating more. I've now branched out into incorporating more 3D images in my art. Common themes are science (particularly astronomy) and technology.
I search all over my city for old books to use in my art. I prefer vintage books as those seem to have more attractive illustrations to my eye. However I also use current magazine pages. Part of the fun is the treasure hunt of finding a special book to use in collage.
Creating also is a form of relaxation for me - a veritable zen - when I search inside the books I've brought home to find a hidden illustrated gem. And cutting out the piece properly can take quite some time.
I hope you'll enjoy looking at the collages I created.
I'll also be including intriguing and comical illustrations I have found in my books. Enjoy and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment